CALLING ALL ORLANDOANS. IT’S TIME TO TRAVEL.
Spirit Airlines recently announced 11 – ELEVEN – new routes from Orlando. That’s right, it’s their 25th anniversary but they’re giving us the gift of MORE GO!
I popped over to Google Flights to check out some of these low-cost roundtrip flights and found these gems:
*Guatemala City, Guatemala for $180*
*Cartagena, Colombia for $218*
*St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands for $135*
Headquartered in Miramar, FL, and flying in and out of six Florida airports, you might as well dub Spirit Florida’s hometown airline. Another nickname? The key to Latin America! I hope to come to know Spirit as the airline I flew to meet my fourth continent–South America.
Whether you’re in the mood to explore mountains, beaches, volcanoes or rainforests, Spirit’s got your back. The newest routes in and out of Orlando, include:
- Guatemala City: Two weekly flights
- Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic: Daily service beginning Nov. 7
- Aguadilla, Puerto Rico: Daily service
- Panama City, Panama: Four weekly flights
- San Pedro Sula, Honduras: Two flights a week
- San Jose, Costa Rica: Daily service beginning Nov. 7
- San Salvador, El Salvador: Two flights a week
- Bogota, Colombia: Daily service beginning Nov. 8
- St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands: Three weekly flights beginning Nov. 8
- Medellin, Colombia: One flight a week beginning Nov. 9
- Cartagena, Colombia: Two weekly flights beginning Nov. 10
- Asheville, North Carolina: Four weekly flights beginning Nov. 8
- Greensboro, North Carolina: Four weekly flights beginning Nov. 8
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: Two weekly flights beginning Nov. 10
Now you can really make the most out of long weekend trips without breaking the bank! The Caribbean, South America and Central America all sound better than Netflix & Chill. So far, I’ve got my eye on Santo Domingo to explore my Dominican side, Guatemala to discover its volcanoes (because Costa Rica made me obsessed) and Cartagena, Colombia to visit South America for the first time.
Which of these routes caught your eye?